you expressly consent to our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as set out in this policy.
THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you, including:
- Identity Data (e.g. first name, maiden name, last name, tax registration number or any other identification number, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender).
- Contact Data (e.g. residential address, postal/delivery address, email address and telephone numbers).
- Financial Data (e.g. banking information and payment details).
- Transaction Data (e.g. details about payments to and from you and other details of services you have purchased from us).
- Technical Data (e.g. internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website).
- Profile Data (e.g. your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses).
- Usage Data (e.g. information about how you use our website, products and services).
- Marketing and Communications Data (e.g. your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences).
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
HOW YOUR PERSONAL DATA IS COLLECTED
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- apply for our products or services;
- create an account on our website;
- subscribe to our service or publications;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- give us feedback or contact us.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical and Usage Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies and other similar technologies. A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website.
- Analytical or performance cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources, including government agencies, consumer and credit reporting agencies and suppliers of public information. We may verify your personal data with your employer, your references or other independent sources,
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data to the extent permitted by applicable law. We will use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To verify your identity;
- To provide our products and services;
- To register you as a customer;
- To establish and administer your account with us;
- To process and fulfil your transactions, requests or instructions;
- To perform a contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you;
- To enforce our rights under a contract we have entered into with you;
- To manage our relationship with you, including notifying you of any changes to our policies;
- To administer and protect our business and this site (including troubleshooting, data analysis, system maintenance and support);
- To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you;
- To make suggestions or recommendations to you about products or services that may be of interest to you; and
- To comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out above:
- Any Credit Union branches, agencies, subsidiaries, affiliates or joint venture partners, including other companies or entities in the Jamaica Co-operative Credit Union League Group.
- Third-party service providers who provide services to us, including those who provide data processing or storage services, customer support services, credit bureau and reporting services, marketing or communications services and IT or systems administration services.
- Regulators and other authorities
- Professional advisors, including attorneys, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services to us.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with applicable law.
Some of our third-party service providers may be based outside of Jamaica. If your personal data is transferred outside of Jamaica, it will only be transferred to states or territories that ensure an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data.
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you for marketing purposes. You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased products or services from us and you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time [by logging into the website and checking or unchecking relevant boxes to adjust your marketing preferences OR by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you OR by contacting us at any time].
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product/service purchase, product/service experience or other transactions.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
Subject to any applicable legal or contractual restrictions, you may exercise certain rights under data protection laws regarding personal data processed by us, including the right to access such data or the right to restrict the processing of such data.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at: (876) 926-7767.