FIRST HERITAGE CO-OPERATIVE CREDIT UNION LIMITED
On August 1, 2012, Churches Co-operative Credit Union and GSB Co-operative Credit Union merged to form the new entity First Heritage Co-operative Credit Union Limited (FHC). On March 1, 2015, the business and operations of St. Thomas Co-operative Credit Union Limited was transferred to FHC. With a combined heritage of over 100 years, First Heritage Co-operative Credit Union Limited now stands as the largest open bond Credit Union in Jamaica. A merger of this magnitude was the first of its kind in the history of the Credit Union movement.
FHC is a member of the Jamaica Co-operative Credit Union League, the trade association representing the interests of Credit Unions in Jamaica.
Click the links below to learn more about this amazing Credit union and its services:
Who Can Become a Member?
- All members of any religious body and affiliation in Jamaica and their families/relatives
- All Public Sector Employees, past and present, regardless of their terms of tenure, employed to Ministries/Departments/Agencies/Statutory Bodies/Public Corporations, and their families/relatives,
- All Professionals, their families/relatives and their employees and their families / relatives.
- All members of Professional Association affiliated to the Public Sector, their families /relatives and the employees of these Professional Associations and their families/relatives.
- All Public Sector Consultants and, their families/relatives
- All Public Sector Contractors, and their families /relatives
- Employees, past and present, of the Credit Union and their families/relatives
- All Registered Co-operative Societies and members of these Societies
- All persons, who were born, reside or resided, work or worked in the parish of St. Thomas and its environs.